About the Search & Edit Features
Your prospective customers need to be able to find you-- fast. Or you may be a customer, looking for sub bidders-- fast.
Why might a company not show up on a Search?
We may not have been provided complete data on a particular member. If a firm has not provided CSI codes for their record, for example, it would not be found in a Search for companies performing specific CSI code work. This is why it's important for member firms to view/edit their records regularly.
What information about a member company is shown to website users?
- Only a limited, select set of facts about any member firm is disclosed in the Search results feature. For example, only one contact name is displayed per firm, employees’ names are not made available.
- The site visitor can only return a small list of companies at one time, in order to limit anyone’s accessing our member list.
How secure is member company information?
- We have isolated all proprietary information about your company, and much of your data cannot be updated (or even viewed) online at all.
- Access for viewing and updating private company records is For Members Only.
- No individual can view or change the record of any member company unless that individual holds an active CAGC web site password for that firm.
- A list of those password holders is on your company record, just below the name/address.
- Carolinas AGC staff personally calls a member firm if a record-change request does not appear appropriate.
- A date log is created of the name of the person requesting changes, and is available to any member firm at any time.